PCR-based COVID testing has failed and is not a proper basis to lockdown the nation, let alone decide on tiers for restrictions.
Briefing paper for MPs – 26th November 2020
Across Europe, including in the UK, we see the following:
- Daily “cases” sky-rocketed in Europe as Autumn arrived.
- Daily deaths labelled as “COVID deaths” rose in line with “cases” – to levels apparently higher than at the Spring peak.
- BUT: Total all-cause mortality does not reflect the above.
What is behind this conundrum?
The central thesis of this paper is that we have a major problem with PCR-testing.
This is distorting policy and creating the illusion that we are in a serious pandemic when in fact we are not.
This is causing:
- In the UK a significant proportion of current excess deaths apparently being caused by restricted access to the NHS.
- An NHS staffing crisis which is exacerbating matters.
- Unprecedented assaults on civil liberties and the economy.
What we need to do about this:
Stop mass-testing using PCR in the UK and replace with Lateral Flow Tests where required. If we are correct, this single measure alone will cause a sudden drop in “cases” (as seen in Liverpool) and allow the UK to return to normal life within weeks.
Other recommendations as detailed later in this document.
It should be noted that legal cases and technical challenges to PCR mass-testing are growing across Europe, including in the UK.
NB: The info contained in this paper is merely illustrative of some of the key issues and does not represent the totality of the evidence available.
This document has been authored by:
- Clare Craig BM BCh FRCPath (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jonathan Engler MBChB LLB (email@example.com)
- Mike Yeadon BSc Hons (Biochem-tox) PhD (Pharmacol) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Christian McNeill LL.B and Dip LP (email@example.com)